Welcome our newest MVMNT members: Keith (that’s Aaron’s dad!), Carl, Christy and Courtney (from left to right)!!! Please be sure to introduce yourself when you see them looking overwhelmed staring at the whiteboard. Best Elements class yet!
MVMNT Bowling Night is September 12th! Email me, sign up on MBO, text me, telegraph…just RSVP! Get your kicks in because the following week we start the Whole Life Challenge. The Dunk Truck will be onsite that week for body composition training. Sign up roster is going up soon.
Read – The Deadlift Mindset, by Geoff Girvitz. Matt Gary (hosted the USAPL course at our gym and is Vanessa’s coach) and Sioux-Z Hartwig (she’s married to Matt) along with Mike Tuchscherer and other big time deadlifters are cited in this article. So you know its GOLD.
Here’s what you need to know…
- There are three phases to the deadlift: the pre-lift mindset, the approach/set-up, and the actual lift.
- The harder you squeeze the bar, the more you cue your nervous system.
- Once you approach the bar, you’ve got to have a ritual, a process, or an outline.
- Strength is a skill. Every time you approach the lift, you should be robotic.
- After you’ve done all the prep work, all you have to do is stand up.
Level 3/4 Test one week from tomorrow! Get signed up. You CAN do this.
“What you seek is seeking you.” – Rumi
Jump Rope 3 Minutes
Hip Mobility Series
10 Downdog Push-ups
With a partner:
20 Medicine Ball Chest Pass
3 Bench Press (80% +)
5 Barbell Row
5 Kettlebell Floor Press
5 KB Bent-over Row
Alternate with a partner:
Upper Body Complex:
30 sec each for max reps
Battling Ropes – alternating
Battling Ropes – double
Knee Push-ups are ok
12 Minutes (3 rounds max)
20 Medicine Ball Overhead Throws