Dynamic Athletic Movement
10 Calorie Row
10 Wall Balls
Deadlift Practice (a few light sets of 3-5 reps)
HSPU Practice (warm up kip)
10 Down Dog Push-ups
5 Turkish Getups R/L
20 Kettlebell Swings
Open Workout 17.4
13 minutes AMRAP of:
55 Wall Balls
55 Calorie Row
55 Handstand Push-ups
Men deadlift 225 lb. and throw 20-lb. ball to 10-ft. target
Women deadlift 155 lb. and throw 14-lb. ball to 9-ft. target.
Substitute hand-release push-ups for HSPU.
Men deadlift 135 lb. and throw 20-lb ball to 9-ft. target.
Women deadlift 95 lb. and throw 10-lb. ball to 9-ft. target.
ALL Competitors/Teams should thoroughly familiarize themselves with the movement standards as explained here: https://games.crossfit.com/workouts/open/2017/17.4?division=1&workout_type=rx#movementStandards
Remember, in terms of competition, the purpose of standards is to ensure that everyone does the same range of motion for each rep. This makes competition possible–if everyone uses a different definition of “pull-up” then how can we compare scores? If you want your score to be relevant, perform the movements as demonstrated. If you (intentionally or otherwise) are taking shortcuts or cheating the range of motion, you will be no-repped, and you’ll have to repeat the movement until you meet the standard. This isn’t fun for anyone involved.
PAY PARTICULAR ATTENTION TO THE FOLLOWING:
1. You must achieve full lockout on the deadlift: knees and hips fully extended and shoulders behind the barbell.
2. Both plates must touch the floor every rep.
3. You must SQUAT every wall ball. And the ball must hit the wall above the line on the way up.
4. Your head must clearly make contact with the floor on HSPU.
5. You cannot press off your knees during the hand release push-up, and your feet cannot be wider than shoulder width.
6. Your chest ABOVE your nipple line must make contact with the floor while your hands are lifted.
15 minutes AMRAP of:
15 Kettlebell Swings
15 Ball Slams
15 Box Jumps