Meal Prep March Meal prepping can save you time, money, and help you stick with a healthy diet. But if you go about it the wrong way, meal prepping can be a huge hassle. Here are some tips and tricks to get you started!
1. Make a list, check it twice. One way to kill your meal prep momentum is to not have ingredients you need on hand. Find a recipe, make a list of what you need, whatever you don’t have, buy it. If you don’t want to buy the particular stuff you need, find a new recipe and start the process over.
2. Don’t forget your veggies. Think green (not the corn and potatoes and starchy stuff).
3. Balance ur meal 4 you. Visualize your food. Half should be non-starchy veggies (that is, not potato, not sweet potato, not corn), a quarter should be lean protein (lean beef, chicken, fish), and the other quarter is carbs/starchy vegetables (potatoes, corn, rice, quinoa, pasta, noodles). If you’re on a specific diet, your goals will probably be different. But this is a good place to start.
4. Make the right amount. Before you start cooking, how many meals are you making for meal prep? An ounce of preparation here can prevent you from having to split serving sizes or throw away food. If you make too much, don’t forget that you can always freeze the leftovers.
5. Variety is the spice of life. Some of us aren’t ready for that same meal every day life. Don’t be afraid to switch things up. Switch out your proteins, try different herbs or spices, or switch out the carb. Find that right mix that works for you.
6. Put it all in something. You can find some pretty cheap “meal prep containers” on amazon. (I also went through a bento box phase.)
7. While you’re at it, prep some snacks too. Sometimes at 3 p.m. you get that pull towards the vending machine (we have one at my job) or the donuts that some clients brought (we get those too). Having snacks will give you a better option that is readily available. (But If you’re not hungry enough to eat the little bag of almonds, were you really that hungry in the first place?)
Take back control of your diet with meal prepping. You will need to plan time to gather your ingredients and time to prepare the meals (Meal Prep Sunday is totally a thing).
If you’re currently eating crap for lunch, can you commit to eat just TWO meal prepped meals for lunch next week?
Savage Race – We have a crew running in the Savage Race this Saturday! You can register here and call/text Guido @ (404) 291-4567 if you’d like to meet up with the MVMNT fam. We’re running at 1 p.m. 👟
Level 1/2 Test is Apr 2 at 6:30 p.m.
0:00 – 10:00
Jump Rope/Quick Feet 3 minutes
30 minutes (15:00 – 45:00)
A. 15:00 – 27:00
10 Strict Press at 125/100#
20 Alt Gorilla Rows
10 Strict Press at 110/80#
18 Alt Gorilla Rows
10 Strict Press at 95/60#
16 Alt Gorilla Rows
8/8 Single Kettlebell Seated Press
10/10 Single Arm Bilateral Stance Row
B. 30:00 – 42:00
8 Shoulder Scaption to Lateral Raise (8 reps of each exercise, alternate movements)
8 Shoulder Scaption to Lateral Raise
45:00 – 60:00
40 yd Waiter Walk each arm
5/5/5/5 Plank Kettlebell Pull Through Complex (5 reps back and forth moving the bell vertically on both arms, then horizontally)