Voodoo Rituals: Do you have a performance ritual you do before you lift? Is it superstitious nonsense? Or does it add 10% to your max?
If you do something a little quirky before your lift, know that you’re not alone:
- Golden State Warriors forward Kevin Durant does a notorious “shimmy shake” before each free throw.
- Tiger Woods always wears a red shirt on the final day of a tournament.
- Serena Williams is rumored to wear the same pair of socks throughout a tournament – without washing them
- Cristiano Ronaldo must always step on the the field right foot first, and he yanks his shorts up super high before each penalty kick.
- Former Jacksonville Jaguars defensive tackle John Henderson had a trainer slap him hard in the face before every game. (why tho)
- College football coach Les Miles ate grass from the field during games.
Sooooo, while you’re performing your pre-deadlift ritual today, be sure to use that power to summon up an awesome costume for our MVMNT classes on Halloween!
We also look forward to seeing your quality reps today 😉
Yoga is cancelled this Sunday. We’ll be back stretching at it 11:30am on the 28th of October.
0:00 – 5:00
3 minutes Quick Feet/Jumping Jack Drills
5:00 – 12:00
12:00 – 22:00
Cross Body Clean
Outside Clean to Slingshot Catch
Drop to Rotating Clean and repeat
22:00 – 42:00
22:00 – 37:00 (15 minutes)
Work up to a heavy set of 3
Start at about 50% and work up as heavy as you can with absolutely perfect form within the time limit.
37:00 – 42:00
3 Deadlifts at 80% of your heavy set for the day
E4MOM (~5 sets but take your time!)
Do not rush the movements, focus on quality. Start light and add weight on the Deadlifts.
5 Double Kettlebell Suitcase Deadlifts (go heavier than you did with 8)
10 Alternating Downdog Scorpion Kick to Dancer’s Bridge
10 Slow Eccentric Supine Ring Rows (3 count negative)
42:00 – 50:00
Movement Practice and Workout Setup
50:00 – 60:00
“Bad Body Language”
10 minutes AMRAP
10 Alternating Snatches (swing to switch hands or if you know the tactical snatch, try that instead)
10 Lateral Hop Burpees (jump over the bell)
L4 – 24/18
L3 – 22/16
L2 – no rx weight
20 Alternating Swings (try to work on hand-over-hand switch)
10 Lateral Hop Burpees (jump laterally over a line on the floor)