Secure your 15 appointment for full body composition testing right here at MVMNT Gym. Appointments available starting at 8am!What is a DEXA scan?
Secure your 15 appointment for full body composition testing right here at MVMNT Gym. Appointments available starting at 8am!
What is a DEXA scan?
DEXA (Dual-energy X-ray Absorptiometry) is research grade technology which provides accurate and precise measurement of body fat, lean mass, and bone density.
It is considered the GOLD standard of body fat testing and body composition analysis and is used worldwide by elite athletes and teams like the Green Bay Packers, the British Triathlon team, and is used at the US Olympic training center in Colorado Springs.
The scan is fast, highly accurate, and requires no special clothing. It takes about 10 minutes and exposes you to less radiation than a 1 hour flight.
What will I learn?
Our comprehensive 7 page report provides you with a detailed understanding of your body composition. It includes:
- Total body fat percentage
- Total lean percentage
- Bone Density
- Muscle Symmetry
- Regional composition (i.e. How much fat, lean, and bone in arms, legs, trunk, etc)
- Images of bone, lean, and fat tissue
Body Composition Testing for Athletes
Athletes have specialized requirements for body composition. From body building to running, understanding your body composition can help your improve your performance in your sport of choice.
With Dexa, you can:
- Understand key areas of muscle and see gains as you train
- Visualize areas of fat in different regions of your body, which may be hindering your performance
- Analyze muscle symmetry in specific body regions, helping to identify possible weaknesses and help you focus your training regimen
- Identify areas of possible concern with bone density
Body Composition Testing for Weight Loss
The scale doesn’t show the complete picture of your overall health. Increasing your activity level can lead to increased muscle and decreased fat levels without the scale budging.
At Dexa Body, we believe that information is a key component of improving your health. Whether you are starting a new exercise program, trying to lose weight through dieting, or just curious about your progress, the Dexa scan offers actionable insight.
With Dexa, you can:
- Establish a baseline at the start of your fitness or diet plan
- Monitor your progress in various body regions
- Identify locations that need extra attention during workouts
- Monitor your true health improvements by seeing reductions in your body fat percentage
(Thursday) 7:00 am - 7:00 pm